Wednesday, February 26, 2014

$2.00 DIY Hand Painted Craft Apron with Slots

$2.00 DIY Hand Painted Craft Apron








Hi Everyone,

I don’t know about you but every time I am creating a craft or DIY Project, I always end up losing my scissors or my glue sticks or something else I need in order to complete my projects.  You would be surprised at the odd places I have misplaced my crafting supplies. One time I found a pair of scissors in the ice box. Lol. Don’t ask me how they got in there.
One Day, I was shopping at my local home depot and spotted a canvas tool belt apron for $1.50. Immediately I was inspired to transform, this rather boring apron into a beautiful, useful, DIY Craft Apron. Here what I come up with.








Here’s what you need in order to create your mine DIY Craft Apron:
A home depot tool apron
Acrylic paints
Paint brushes (I used a foam brush because I like to swirl my paint designs)
Iron
Ribbon
Hot glue gun/ Glue sticks

1)      Paint your apron (Front and Back) with Acrylic paints. Check out the video below to see the painting technique I used to create this pattern.  Allow apron to dry fully.

2)      To set your design, iron the apron on both sides. I used the highest heat setting.
   
   3)      To create diy ribbon slots for your craft supplies, cut a piece of ribbon about 3 inches. Glue the very tip (or end) of the ribbon to your apron. Repeat with the other end. Make as many slots/or holders your need for your apron.

4)      Add your crafting supplies to your beautiful diy craft apron. 
Use and enjoy!



Thanks for spending some time with me. 
 Check out this quick video to see me create my craft apron.

Blessings
Shemi


What craft supply are you always misplacing?




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment